- $28.95 / £25.00
- 4.5 x 7.5 in.
- 384 color illus. 558 maps.
China’s breathtaking diversity of natural habitats — from mountains and deserts to grasslands and lush tropical forests — is home to more than 10 percent of the world’s mammal species. This one-of-a-kind pocket guide describes the characteristics, geographic distribution, natural history, and conservation status of all 558 species of mammals found in China. An up-to-date distribution map accompanies each species account, and beautiful color illustrations by wildlife artist Federico Gemma depict a majority of the species. The definitive text is written by leading specialists and follows the most current global standards for mammalian systematics.
This field-ready pocket edition of A Guide to the Mammals of China makes the rich mammal fauna of China accessible to ecotravelers and naturalists like never before.
- The comprehensive pocket guide to all of China’s 558 mammal species
- Describes the physical characteristics, geographic distribution, natural history, and conservation status of every species
- Features up-to-date distribution maps and stunning color illustrations throughout
- Written by a team of leading specialists