Birds of Australia: A Photographic Guide
- Nov 9, 2014
- 6 x 9.5 in.
Australia is home to a spectacular diversity of birdlife, from parrots and penguins to emus and vibrant passerines. Birds of Australia covers all 714 species of resident birds and regularly occurring migrants and features more than 1,100 stunning color photographs, including many photos of subspecies and plumage variations never before seen in a field guide. Detailed facing-page species accounts describe key identification features such as size, plumage, distribution, behavior, and voice. This one-of-a-kind guide also provides extensive habitat descriptions with a large number of accompanying photos. The text relies on the very latest IOC taxonomy and the distribution maps incorporate the most current mapping data, making this the most up-to-date guide to Australian birds.
- Covers all 714 species of resident birds and regularly occurring migrants
- Features more than 1,100 stunning color photos
- Includes facing-page species accounts, habitat descriptions, and distribution maps
- The ideal photographic guide for beginners and seasoned birders alike
Awards and Recognition
- One of the Sydney Morning Herald’s "Australian Writers Pick the Best Books of 2014"