All About Birds California
- Published (US):
- Mar 1, 2022
- Published (UK):
- Mar 22, 2022
- 5.75 x 8.5 in.
- 872 color photos
The All About Birds Regional Field-Guide Series brings birding enthusiasts the best information from the renowned Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s website, AllAboutBirds.org, used by more than 21 million people each year. These definitive books provide the most up-to-date resources and expert coverage on bird species throughout North America.
This dynamic guide is the perfect companion for anyone interested in the birds of California. The guide features fascinating details about the birds around you, useful bird ID tips, and handy bird-watching information. It presents full accounts of 218 species commonly seen in this popular state; beautiful photographs of male, female, and immature birds, as well as morphs, and breeding and nonbreeding plumage (so you can ID birds all year long); current range maps; and so much more. The California edition of All About Birds is easy to use and easy to share.
- Descriptions of 218 bird species, including four photos for each bird chosen specifically for better ID and sourced from the Macaulay Library (a collection of bird photos from citizen scientists)
- Quick and easy index with illustrations on cover flaps, with complete index at the back
- Information on Cornell Lab citizen-science programs and how to participate
- Bonus content includes identification best practices and tips on bird photography, birdscaping, food and feeding, and more
- Free MERLIN Bird ID app (downloaded more than 5 million times) for quick ID in the wild using photos and birdsong